We for the past two days, we have been clearing out two rooms in the house that never get used. Piles of rubbish and bits of furniture and even two bicycles have had to find new homes, as we get ready to knock both rooms into one (with a opening between them) to make a nice big kitchen.
I have even made some test holes in the plaster to see what goes on behind the boards.
At present, the larger back room (4m x 4m) has only one small window and a window to the front room that has loads of window and light.
Creating that opening should make a big difference.
Day 6 and this is a piture of where the waste pipe has to go. I can't get in there, but I was able to put a camera in and see what it looks like. The stick is just for me to know that I can get something through.
This is where it ends up. This is the floor in the hallway and the waste pipe has to go from about two feet in from the top right-hand corner to the grey waste pipe at the bottom.
And here is the result, after a great deal of lying on the floor reaching for a pipe that refused to cooperate -
What was the problem? It must have been an old one, as the modern ones just clip-off!
Anyway, back to my hole -
The window sill gets moved on the little platform we used to use for amp-racks.
Here I am, trying to move yet another massive stone.
Today, I start on the soot-scoop and flu rosette to replace the old open fire. I am beginning to think that this used to be the house kitchen, as the old fireplace (black part) is so large and there are signs of a large beam having been above the fire, to hang pots from.
The construction idea is to build the scoop onto two lintels and place the rosette in the hole I knocked into the chimney above the scoop.
It's just a cheap no-name that I bought from Maplins. I bought two for £50 and I have just put a new 24V battery into one of them. When doing drywall, it will last about a week without recharging and working intensively on a roof, it can go all day.
I managed to get the order of the pictures muddled up and I want to crack on, rather than footle about getting it right. But you'll all get the idea - the rockwool is in the roof space. I have put first membrane into the walls and then filled the space with rockwool and then put Cellotex (aka Kingspan) P.U. boards over that.
BTW, all the screws I have been using are Torx, which are far easier to deal with.